1. Change your Passwords Periodically: We recommend that you change your passwords regularly, at least every 30 days or so. To change your Passwords, login to internet banking and go to the 'Personal Preferences' section, then click on the 'Change Password' option. As a security measure, the system prompts you to change your password every 365 Days. However, it is advised to avoid choosing a password that is generic in nature, easily predictable from the personal data such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, driving license/car number, etc.
2. Keep your Internet Banking Passwords Confidential: Never disclose your password to anyone, not even to any bank officials. If you think someone knows your password go online and change it immediately.
3. Have a screensaver password so that when you are away from your personal computer nobody else can access it.
4. Take Care to Log Off: Log Off from Internet banking every time after you complete your online banking session. Do not close your browser without logging off.
5. Look for the padlock symbol () on the bottom bar of the browser to ensure that the site is running in secure mode before you enter sensitive information.
6. Clear your browser's cache: Clear your browser's cache and history after each session so that your account information is removed, especially if you have used a shared computer to access Internet Banking on www.banksohar.net.
7. Shred unnecessary financial documents immediately: Discard pin or password mailers immediately after memorizing them. Never write them down or store them.
1. Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources: Some sources may have hidden forms of spyware or viruses that could compromise the security of your computer.
2. Do not leave personal information lying around in an unprotected place. Always ensure that your cheque books, statements, etc... are kept in a secure place.
3. Do not open attachments sent through mails, if you do not know the sender.
4. If you receive an e-mail claiming to be from Bank Sohar regarding updating sensitive account information, let us know by forwarding the e-mail to email@example.com or by calling Bank Sohar Corporate Helpdesk (+968 24761671). We never send e-mails with clickable links to Bank Sohar login page or pages that capture customer information. In case you have revealed sensitive information on any site or even to employees of the bank, please call up the customer service and inform immediately. As a policy the Banks staff will never ask for Passwords, PIN or other sensitive information by e-mail, SMS or voice calls.